Friday, February 19, 2010

In the Loop (2009)


The US President and UK Prime Minister fancy a war. But not everyone agrees that war is a good thing... It's a comedy / satire.[imdb]

Nominated for 1 Oscar:

Best Adapted Screenplay

You sometimes see a movie you like, but you're not completely sure why; you hear the dialogue and you dig it and laugh, but you're not sure you understood everything. But you're sure it's funny. And smart. And this was In the Loop for me: smart, well written dialogue, witty as hell, but it really outrun me at times.
The performances are great, especially from Peter Capaldi (where's his Oscar nom?!) and Tom Hollander, and it really is a group effort acting-wise. The direction is subtle, mostly letting the actors do their jobs. Nice to see a nomination for Adapted Screenplay, the movie does sound/read great, but just don't ask me what it was all about... :) it needs to be seen...
My rating for the film: 8/10. The 8 is random. It's my classic rating for movies I kinda liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment