Saturday, November 27, 2010

Toy Story 2 (1999)

When Woody is stolen by a toy collector, Buzz and his friends vow to rescue him, but Woody finds the idea of immortality in a museum tempting. [imdb]

Nominated for 1 Oscar:

Best Original Song

I have continued my way through the Toy Story series and I really didn't know what to expect from the second one. Thankfully, I thought it was great!!! Even with a bit of a slower beginning, the film totally manages to rise up quality wise especially in the second part, making for another fun, smart, animated film.
The screenplay is, just like for the first Toy Story, the best in show. Some of the jokes were hilarious and the creativity of the storyline continues to impress me. Even moreso than the first film, this one has lots of heart; and it smartly kept using the funniest characters from the first part. It deserved a Screenplay nomination for sure; and had there been an Animated Feature category back then, it would've easily won.
My rating for the film: 8.5/10. I'm not the biggest fan of Randy Newman, but the nominated song really is memorable and perfectly used in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment