Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Inside Job (2010)

Takes a closer look at what brought about the financial meltdown. [imdb]

Nominated for 1 Oscar:

Best Documentary Feature (WINNER)


I sometimes watch documentaries because they make me feel smarter. That's true: except when I see them for pure fun, like The September Issue or Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work - both of them terrific stuff. But back to Inside Job: I don't usually follow the Oscar race in this category, but this documentary caught my attention and I'm glad I saw it. It made me furious, but I'm happy it opened my eyes.
Someone called it the best horror film of the year or the scariest, and he was right. It's a terrifying documentary telling the truth about how American bankers fucked-up the world, and they're still doing it (yes, with Obama's approval). Nothing has changed, nothing will change towards better. What I appreciated about it is that it hits on both sides, Democrats and Republicans and that it was a very insightful material. It will probably win, but I can't judge on its competition, because the only other one I saw is Exit Through the Gift Shop.
My rating for the film: 8/10. Good stuff, especially in the second part.

No comments:

Post a Comment