Saturday, February 12, 2011

Toy Story 3 (2010)

Seen on December 4th, 2010

The toys are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center instead of the attic, and it's up to Woody to convince the other toys that they weren't abandoned and to return home. [imdb]

Nominated for 5 Oscars:

Best Picture
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Animated Feature (WINNER)
Best Original Song (WINNER)
Best Sound Editing

The Toy Story trilogy was the best discovery I've made in 2010, and one that I am so very happy about. The first 2 films were fabulous: very creative and funny, and Toy Story 3 was no exception. The guys who wrote the screenplay are instant idols of mine, because I can only imagine how difficult it is to still make it sound fresh and create such wonderful dialogue.
This animated film is so well directed, there's not a single boring moment. Of course, I am subjective, because I was already a fan of the characters when I saw this - but when you get great writing and professionals working on it, how can you not be charmed. Its Best Picture nomination is one of the very few reasons I can accept a line-up of 10 films there, and of course: it will have an easy win for Animated Feature.
My rating for the film: 9/10. The almost-perfect, super funny animated movie.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect film for me! Those last 10 minutes just had me ballin' in my seat I can't lie. Good review, glad to see that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete