Monday, April 23, 2012

The Muppets (2011)

With the help of three fans, The Muppets must reunite to save their old theater from a greedy oil tycoon. [imdb]


Nominated for 1 Oscar:


Best Original Song (WINNER)


I'm not so familiar with The Muppets, because I guess we don't care so much about them here in Europe; also, I am somewhat over the age of 10, so I guess I'm not the main target of this film... - ok, that was bullshit, because this is clearly not for kids, even though it has a nice message in a born this way kind of way.


So it didn't start well for me, but as the story progressed some of the jokes got better: Miss Piggy was more of a delight than I expected and the character "Animal" was fun too. The humans - just ok, they didn't get the best of the screenplay. So it became more enjoyable, and it's definitely easy to watch and relaxing. I'm not sure if it deserved the Oscar, neither of the 2 nominees in this category impressed me. What I can say is that I'm surprised Life's a Happy Song didn't get nominated, as it was featured twice in the film, it IS a better song than Man or Muppet, and they were really pushing for it.


My rating for the film: 7/10. I am being generous just because I laughed a couple of times and thought it was overall enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment