Thursday, May 27, 2010

Victor Victoria (1982) (3rd time)

A struggling female soprano finds work playing a male female impersonator, but it complicates her personal life. [imdb]

Nominated for 7 Oscars:

Best Actress: Julie Andrews
Best Supporting Actor: Robert Preston
Best Supporting Actress: Lesley Ann Warren
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Music, Original Song Score (WINNER)
Best Art Direction
Best Costume Design

I wrote more about the film on the other blog, because I especially watched it for Andrew’s Celebration of Musicals. I was asked about my favorite and this one is among the best.

So do click HERE to read my short take on Victor Victoria.

My rating for the film: 9.5/10. Because it’s undoubtedly in my Top 20 Best Films ever.

1 comment:

  1. This movie has one of the best movie posters I can recall.

    ReplyDelete