Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Lovely Bones (2009)


!!! Seen it in January 2010 !!!

Centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family - and her killer - from Heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal. [imdb]

Nominated for 1 Oscar:

Best Supporting Actor: Stanley Tucci

When I saw it, I posted something about it on my other blog, Alex in Movieland, something that I don't usually do, as I keep that one mostly connected to the Best Actress category! Here's what I wrote:
An overdirected movie. A bad directed movie. An unexpectedly terrible screenplay. Awful visual effects. Awful romances. Overscored. Superficial writing. Bad casting. Future Razzie nominee Mark Wahlberg. Horrible teenage love interest. Painfully bad screenplay.
And I stand by everything written there. On the good side, you have the use of Cocteau Twins for the soundtrack, Susan Sarandon's magic touch as the grandmother, Stanley Tucci's smart acting choices, even though it's not that much of a worthy nomination, and a good work from Saoirse Ronan. That's IT! But boy, they've used the worst from the book. What was Peter Jackson thinking while writing the screenplay?!
My rating for the film: 3.5/10. Probably the biggest flop of the year, judging by what we expected and the final product served to us, quality-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment