Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Star Trek (2009)

!!! Seen it in December 2009 !!!

A chronicle of the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members. [imdb]

Nominated for 4 Oscars:

Best Sound
Best Sound Editing
Best Visual Effects
Best Makeup (WINNER)

I never was a Star Trek fan and I certainly didn't become one after seeing this movie. For the entertaining part of it, it was ok, not great. For the dramatic side of it: kind of boring and cheesy and I don't see the hype for the Adapted Screenplay or Direction, as I found both to be mediocre. Star Trek was a step away from getting into the 10 Best Picture slots. Fortunately, it didn't make it.
The nominations are mostly worthy. There's nothing mind-blowing about the Visual Effects, but they're consistent and well made. Zachary Quinto gives the only acting piece worth mentioning... And I have a strange dislike for the story as whole. To me, it felt too general, with plenty of chiches.
My rating for the film: 6.5/10. Because it has visual effects, and I enjoy big action sci-fi. But still, I'm too generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment