Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tangled (2010)

The magically long-haired Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but now that a runaway thief has stumbled upon her, she is about to discover the world for the first time, and who she really is. [imdb]

Nominated for 1 Oscar:


Best Original Song


If you see me giving a 5/10 to an animated feature, than you know I must've really really disliked it; because I'm generous with this genre, and it so happens I think Toy Story 3 is one of the year's best movies, so I'm very opened to such entertainment. And I was anxious to see Tangled, but it truly felt like a disappointing, rather boring experience.
There's no real villain, there no funny supporting character (no, the horse is not enough). The storyline is too simple and definitely not worthy of the Disney tradition, and the animation looked just a bit strange to me. How boring is the ending and, with the exception of one scene, I hardly cared for these characters. Of course, I see the light is the best moment, and I still believe it should've clearly won the Oscar for Best Original Song. But other than that: not much.
My rating for the film: 5/10. They should start making them smarter, or at least funnier.

2 comments:

  1. But Mother Knows Best too, isn't Donna Murphy just lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, actually I didn't like any other songs except for I see the Light.

    but her, we voice sounded nice.

    Another thing I find confusing about Tangled is the Production Budget:

    How to Train Your Dragon - 165 mil
    Toy Story 3 - 200 mil
    Tangled - 260 mil - for what??!! :) not even close to being as visually impressive as the other 2.

    ReplyDelete