Monday, March 9, 2009

In Bruges (2008)

Holed up in Bruges, Belgium after a difficult job, two very different hit men enjoy sightseing, talk about life and death and get caught in a crazy deadly unusual chase.
Nominated for 1 Oscar:
Best Original Screenplay
I wasn't that confident about seing this film. I felt like it wasn't my type of movie. Boy, was I wrong. This film is FUN. It's beautifuly written, very well thought and quite surprising in its storyline. Collin Farrell gives an unexpected fabulous performance (both dramatic and comedic); also great are Brendon Gleeson as the other hit man and Ralph Fiennes as the real villain.
The film is fast, easy to follow, nicely shot. A great relaxing movie.
My rating for the film: 8.5/10 and I might get even more generous with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment