Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

**Seen in January 2013**

A younger and more reluctant Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, sets out on an "unexpected journey" to the Lonely Mountain with a spirited group of Dwarves to reclaim their stolen mountain home from a dragon named Smaug. [imdb]

Nominated for 3 Oscars:
Best Production Design
Best Visual Effects
Best Makeup and Hairstyling

I liked it more than others did, though it clearly can't reach the success of Lord of the Rings. But I am subjective, since I love such fairy tales. I have no complaints about the length - I wish the story would've lasted for hours. :) I find it pleasant to watch, relaxing, its only small problem being the story itself - the stake of the journey doesn't feel important enough. 
I really enjoyed the Gollum scenes.

My rating for the film: 8/10.  Though I get it why some don't approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment