Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Sessions (2012)

**Seen in January 2013**

A man in an iron lung who wishes to lose his virginity contacts a professional sex surrogate with the help of his therapist and priest. [imdb]


Nominated for 1 Oscar:
Best Supporting Actress: Helen Hunt

This is the one where Helen Hunt gets very naked. I kid because I love. Almost. No, really, I love that films like this are getting made, with actors you wouldn't normally see leading their films. Happy that Helen Hunt is in the spotlight again. Which means I am happy about her nomination and she should've probably won (I don't know, I'm confused about that category). John Hawkins gives a great performance himself, but... if him not getting nominated allowed for Joaquin to be there, then I can't get upset. 
It's a film that is easy to watch. Nothing spectacular, but an interesting, well acted story.

My rating for the film: 7.5/10. Real indie done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment