Thursday, February 20, 2014

Frozen (2013)

Anna sets off on an epic journey to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. [imdb]


Nominated for 2 Oscars:
Best Animated Feature (WINNER)
Best Original Song
 (WINNER)

I think I pissed-off some people of Twitter for criticizing this. Since I didn't like Tangled, I should've guessed that I might have a problem with this one also. Hey, it looks great, I'll give it that. The songs are just ok, with the exception of Let It Go which really works inside the context. 

I appreciated Disney trying to go for something juuuuust a bit different (the "replace this with gay" undertone), but damn was that screenplay boring. The story too - the snowman is fun, but otherwise you get some boring leading characters, a lack of a real villain and troubling story gaps and screenplay solutions. I couldn't connect to it the right way.

They should've invested some of that 150 million budget (!!) in good writers.

My rating for the film: 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment