Thursday, February 20, 2014

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)

A week in the life of a young singer as he navigates the Greenwish Village folk scene of 1961. [imdb]


Nominated for 2 Oscars:
Best Cinematography
Best Sound Mixing


The more I remembered this film, the most I appreciated it, because while I respected it at first, I slowly learned to love it a bit more weeks and months later. The lack of serious Oscar love upsets me because this is a special film that deserved more recognition. It has a good screenplay, it's very well directed and Oscar Isaac gives a subtle, yet fascinating performance. His singing is good too.

And, of course, the cat(s). I love cats. A particular scene in this film still breaks my heart. But maybe that makes me like it more: I appreciate the honesty, being ok with making the character dislikeable.

My rating for the film: 8.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment