Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Hunt (2012/13)

A man who becomes the target of mass hysteria after being wrongly accused of sexually assaulting a child. [wiki]


Nominated for 1 Oscar:
Best Foreign Language Film (Denmark)

I compared watching this film to looking at a car crash. The first 40 minutes are gruelling, and the injustice level in this is through the roof. Watching it makes for a frustrating experience, but given the subject matter, I found it to be well put together.

What stands out is the acting. Mads Mikkelsen delivers one of the best performances of the year, both in subtle and not-so-subtle moments. There are a couple of great supporting performances also. Then, it's the direction which I appreciated because it somehow made me interested in the film despite the difficult subject. Normally I stay away from such films.

My rating for the film: 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment